Sometimes I follow a recipe and sometimes I have no clue what to make for dinner. Jesse is much better at not following a recipe where I am slowly learning how to cook without one. This was a meal I made last week that was full or veggies, protein and rice!
Easy Rice with Veg
1. Jasmine Rice: follow the directions from either the bulk food store or the box and make enough for 4 portions. We do not add salt or butter to our rice.
2. Chop some mushrooms (we did about 12), half a head of broccoli, 2 large carrots and half an onion.
3. In a large skillet add a little stir-fry oil, we use PC brand from Fortinos.
4. Once oil has heated add mushrooms and onion and carrot. Let them cook and get tender. Once tender add the broccoli.
5. Add cashews, sunflower seeds and chia seeds (this adds protein to the dish)
6. Once the rice is cooked add it to the veggies and stir
7. Over the mixture I added; a little vegan soya sauce, a little of oyster sauce and balsamic vinegar. I don't know how much of each I used as I just added. And I didn't think about measuring it.
8. Serve while hot and enjoy!